In an attempt to allow access for the folks that have requested to see my resource and documentation from my projects in the Society for Creative Anachronism, I've put silverquill.net back online. Hopefully I will be able to keep up with the projects that I work on - both in the Atlantian SCA Arts & Sciences community and for RavenMadd Leather.
August 14, 2017
Home from Pennsic! As overwhelming as it was, Ry and I had an absolute blast on our first pilgrimage. I was able to participate in both the Known World A&S Display and the Champions A&S War Point competition. Through that, I was able to make some new friends and reconnect with some old ones, as well as find some new techniques that I simply must try out. Thoughts now turn to completing a couple projects - and to War of the Wings!
April 7, 2017
I'm still alive! I haven't posted much to the site recently, I've turned attention to the War of the Wings and Sacred Stone websites. That on top of being selected as the Atlantian A&S Champion for the year, it's making for very busy days. This one will be the next on the list for a much needed redesign... Sorry for the lag! The new site will be a little more centered around keeping the galleries and research a bit more segregated, hopefully making it easier to find what you're looking for. Please bear with me, the honey do list is long, but in progress.
December 5, 2015
Project images and notes are up for the tool wrap that was used for the thrown weapons prize at Atlantian 12th Night are up in the project area.
Project notes for my new journal cover attempts are up in the project area.
January 14, 2015
Project notes for my Atlantian 12th Night masks are up in my project area.
December 6, 2014
Project notes for my new targe are up in my project area. I had to do it for Yule Toy, the temptation got to me!
December 2, 2104
Process notes and documentation are up now for the hardened case that I made for the Yule Toy event! This was the piece I used the vinegar black on, so I'm still a little geeked out over how it came out!
November 26, 2014
Process notes are up now for the vinegaroon/vinegar black formula. I got video of the work on my case too! I also put up the results of the attempt at using crab shell ash, though I have been informed that I'm not allowed to make further attempts with these reagents, due to the similarities to the stench of zombie flesh. The elder berry testing has continued passively as well, I've placed those results up in the research area too.
November 24, 2014
I've got process notes up for wax hardening in the research area!
November 2, 2014
I've gone down the research rabbit hole! Starting with the elderberry blue formula for dye! Notes on the original formula and notes on the initial experimentation are up in the research section.
Please let me know if you have any questions as you browse through the information that I have here. If there is a particular subject that's not covered, please let me know and I will see what I can do to remedy that. Thanks for stopping by!